community gardening jobs in NYC area

  • Subject: [cg] community gardening jobs in NYC area
  • From: "Beth Ginsberg" <bethsginsberg@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 21:05:32 -0500

Hi, my name is Beth Ginsberg, and I am a senior at Tufts University in
Boston, graduating in May. I am looking to move to the New York City area
upon graduation; I am trying to pursue a career in community organizing and
am interested in getting involved through community gardening and/or
sustainable agriculture. I was wondering if anyone had advice about New York
City organizations or job listings related to these areas.

I am majoring in Sociology and minoring in Peace and Justice Studies. I have
studied sustainable agriculture systems as they relate to localism and
poverty alleviation. Additionally, my academic concentration has been in
community empowerment and engagement; this past year I have been studying
sustainable communities and measures to improve quality of life. My overall
interests lie in the areas of social justice and working with and for people
who benefit most from environmental and social change. I have attached my
resume to this message posting for anyone who is interested.

Please contact me at bethsginsberg@hotmail.com if you have any information.

Thanks!
Beth Ginsberg
bethsginsberg@hotmail.com