Re: Worms

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Worms
  • From: Dboek@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:17:09 EST

100 pounds of worms???? Man! That's cool.

In Charlotte, I've found that worms do a very good job with newspaper and
kitchen scraps, in very simple outdoor bins. Works better for me than
'Appelhof' boxes or plastic tubs (haven't yet tested the 'Can'o'worms'-too
expensive).

Unfortunately, there's no one keeping worms at any of the local community
gardens or food banks. Yet.

The worm raising workshop we offer, through county waste management, is
incredibly popular (for a while, 20 people a month were signing up and
coming, as many as for the home composting/natural landscaping workshops).
Must appeal to the farmer in some of us.

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC

In a message dated 3/9/02 10:08:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, JSBMH2@aol.com
writes:

> Hi all,
>  Speaking of long term commitments, we are embarking on one at the Food
Bank.