hiring advice please

  • Subject: [cg] hiring advice please
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:40:15 EST

Hi.
Judy Tiger in Washington DC here.  I'm looking for some advice on salaries.
Thinking ahead to a potential position for a horticulturist I'd appreciate
the advice on what salary would be required to recruit a good candidate for
the position described below.  PLEASE DON'T WRITE AND ASK FOR A JOB.  IT THAT
HASN'T BEEN CREATED YET!  Right now I'm seeking advice on what salary (or
range) would be adequate.  Feel free to comment on the description, years of
experience required, etc.  Feel free to email me directly.
Thanks!
Judy Tiger, grow19@aol.com

*  Horticulturist / Garden Designer to work in DC providing design advice and
hort training / advice to groups of diverse age and economic/ethnic
background, to increase citizen capacity for neighborhood & park
beautification.  Would require proven committment to urban neighborhood
greening, proven ability to work well in inner-city neighborhoods and with
diverse populations, talent for teaching in a nonformal setting, solid
knowledge of native plants and sustainable horticulture techniques, garden
design and installation experience including simple landscape construction
knowledge.