ACGA orgs eligible 4 donated computers

  • Subject: [cg] ACGA orgs eligible 4 donated computers
  • From: "Thomas Kerr" <thomaskerr@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:37:20

Ellen Kirby and ACGA Board members,

Since I haven't heard that anyone else has submitted a request to Gateway
for receipt of an Olympic computer, I took the liberty of registering
American Community Gardening Association. When we get a paid staff, there
will be a need for a computer, n'est pas?

The url below can be used by ACGA member organizations to sign up for their
own computer(s) being given away by Gateway. There are approximately 4,000
computers previously used at the Olympics in Salt Lake that Gateway is going
to donate to organizations conducting technological and educational services
in their communities, on behalf of environmental issues, and other pursuits
that most community gardening organizations can fall into a catagory of. I
would recommend as many ACGA member organizations sign up for this computer
give-away, so we can have some good networking tools during the 361 days a
year we're not sharing our programs at the Annual Conference.

Incidently, I signed my name and email address as contact for the computer
request, providing the ACGA mailing address of 100 N. 20th St., 5th Floor,
Phila, PA, 19103-1495, and tel: 215-988-8785

More Gardens!
Tom Kerr, Chair
ACGA Development Committee

>From: Hope Finkelstein <hope@growingpower.org>
>To: Community Food Security Coalition <comfood-l@listproc.tufts.edu>
>Subject: Fwd: Donated computer equipment
>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:13:53 -0900

Gateway is donating up to 4,500 computers that were used in the Winter
Olympic Games to non-profit organizations. Donations will be made sometime
in April 2002, but you need to register.

For more information and to register your group, visit:
http://www.gateway.com/olympics/donations.shtml