The ACGA Brings Community Gardeners Together & Uplifts Us

  • Subject: [cg] The ACGA Brings Community Gardeners Together & Uplifts Us
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:43:03 EST

singerlawton@earthlink.net writes:

<< Gardens bring us together and  uplift us. >>

In the midst of all of all of the furor stomping around us, both foreign and
domestic, it's pretty easy to feel like a good country field mouse in the
midst of  circus elephants, droppings and all.
(OK, I'm being non-partisan...) And all the donkeys running about braying and

Now we gardeners stay close to earth, all over this country and work to build
community wherever we dig, one garden at a time.  This ACGA listserv helps
bring gardeners together all over the United States and Canada in a larger,
diverse and multi-opinioned community.

However, in our community, nobody's hands stay clean long - and we like it
that way.  The next time you've cleaned the dirt off of your hands somewhat,
if you haven't already sent in your ACGA membership renewal, or haven't
joined up, please do so.

For the price of some Chinese take out, a pizza and some beers ($25
hereabouts for two) you can really help the ACGA's advocacy, educational and
organizing efforts on behalf of community gardeners throughout the US &
Canada.  This list serve and the website are part of that educational effort,
heck the links, news and articles would cost a heck of alot more than $25 if
you put 'em between covers and sold 'em.

And the annual "Greening Review", and quarterly ACGA newsletter, "The
Community Gardener" are well worth it.

Not to talk about the Karmic benefits, which we all need now, that boomerangs
 from your paid up ACGA membership.  Please check out our website for a while
and stop by the membership page, you'll feel great when you do:
 <A HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/";>American Community Gardening

I mean, just look at our link on setting up a community garden.  It can save
you from reinventing the wheel, unnecessary backaches, and many frayed nerves
( as Martha would say, "A good thing!')  <A
HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html";>ACGA: Starting a CG

Please consider joining the ACGA!

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman