Raised Beds

I am an Americorp VISTA with Community Action Coalition Garden Program in Madison,WI. One of the projects I am working on is making community gardens more accessible for people with physical limitations. I have researched different designs and materials to use but haven't been able to find any real specific recipes/blueprints for constructing them. This year is the first year of a 3 year project so I was thinking of doing a layering type of system and adding more wood to increase height in the upcoming years (depending on needs of individuals).

It will be my first "real" carpentry type project so I'll need all the help I can get.If anyone out there could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Beth Holtzman
Americorps VISTA
Community Action Coalition
Garden Program