  • From: Alliums garlicgrower@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:37:27 -0500

Megan wrote:

i know after reading some
of the commentary on this list that not all recipients are sensitive to the
needs of us military families.
At our church, the bulletin for the Sunday Services contains BOTH prayers for peace and prayers for those in the armed forces. This idea that if you are pro-peace, you are anti-military personnel is a complete falsehood. As there has been too much snow to plant, I've spent *a lot* of time on the web surfing the peace movement and while the issue is raised on the "war is necessary" sites, I haven't seen a shred of evidence on the "war with Iraq is not a good idea" sites or the Google News compilations.

think that community gardening on military bases is an idea whose time has
come. the opportunity is ripe in these difficult times to organize gardens
on bases.
I think you are completely right in these thoughts and I can't think of anyone on this list who would not give you their full support and help. Surf the ACGA website for the basics, search the archives of this mailing list for folks in the San Diego area, ask questions of them and us if something is not clear and go for it! :-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of