Volunteer Garden Host, Fairbanks, AK

  • Subject: [cg] Volunteer Garden Host, Fairbanks, AK
  • From: Wintergarden wintergarden@gci.net
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:12:48 -0900

We need a volunteer host for our  3 acre, 86 plot garden on the Chena River in Fairbanks, Alaska.  Volunteers must park a self contained motor home or trailer at the garden.  The only duty these hosts have is to provide a visible presence at the garden to discourage theft and vandalism. Our gardening season begins the end of May and most produce is harvested by Labor Day. The garden provides an electrical connection with no charge for the electricity from mid May to mid September.  We also have non-potable water and a port-a-potty on site.  The garden is surrounded by an 8 foot fence with lockable gates (to keep out moose and most vandals).  A 600 square foot garden is provided free of charge to the host.  If you are interested, please contact the garden site coordinator at wintergarden@gci.net.References required. For more information about the garden see our web site http://home.gci.net/~fairbankscommunitygarden