Rusted water drums - what to do?

  • Subject: [cg] Rusted water drums - what to do?
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:42:10 -0500

This from a gardener in Philly:

Our water barrels got really rusty. I emptied them out, but I'm
concerned about using them now.  Do you have any advice?  Can they be
cleaned, how much rust is ok?

Paco Verin
Citywide Project Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA  19103
215-988-8885