Neat URL that may interest some from Dennis Weaver

  • Subject: [cg] Neat URL that may interest some from Dennis Weaver
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:02:19 -0500

(You will have to cut and paste the entire URL)

A Message from Dennis Weaver

In the early spring of 1919, a young army major by the name of Dwight
Eisenhower led about 40 some odd trucks and five cars on a cross-country
trek from the White House to San Francisco. The purpose was to demonstrate
the potential of a new technology: the internal combustion engine. When he
arrived in the City by the Bay two months later, he was hailed a hero.

Today, the Institute of Ecolonomics has decided to reverse President
Eisenhower's route to show that the time has come to reverse our thinking.
This spring, on the Drive to Survive 2003, we will demonstrate the
incredible technologies currently available and capable of extending our
present energy supply. We're talking about technologies that can replace the
internal combustion engine and the fuel that drives it . technologies that
will free us from dependency on foreign oil.

Folks, it is crystal clear we are facing an extremely serious energy crisis.
Now we can look at the glass of water and say it's half empty or half full.
I say it's half full. You see, without the crisis, we could never feel the
exhilaration of discovering the solution.
The irony is we have had the solution for some time - we have simply chosen
to ignore it. It's hydrogen. Just imagine driving a hydrogen-powered, fuel
cell automobile that cleans the air while you drive it rather than pollutes
it with toxic waste. This technology is available now.