Request for Urban Farming Info

  • Subject: [cg] Request for Urban Farming Info
  • From: Sharon Gordon gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:09:04 -0500

Request from Greg:

Hello all.

I have begun in earnest to research working methods of urban
agriculture in use in the US and Canada. My intent is to write a
book documenting what is currently being done and what dreams and
aspirations we have and would like to create. This will include (but
not limited to) urban farming, urban orcharding, aquaculture,
gleaning programs, neighborhood farms, marketplaces, CSA's, etc.

I am interested in speaking with people that are working in
agricultural project primarily in cities and then distributing the
fruits of their labor in the same urban area. I plan on visiting
some of these organizations this coming summer.

Please forward me any information that you may have on Urban Farm
projects that you know of or are involved with. I can be reached at

Greg Peterson

The Urban Oasis Center for Sustainable Communities
To generate urban community experience
through leadership and education
that creates sustainable living.

Greg Peterson