RE: Request for Urban Farming Info -Philadelphia, PA

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Request for Urban Farming Info -Philadelphia, PA
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:53:28 -0500

http://greensgrow.org/
Mary Corboy is growing veggie hydroponically, in bags and in raised beds. It's an excellent project, and I would like to see more of this on a few of Philadelphia's 35,000 vacant lots.

And, Cuba's organic growing revolution was in response to a shattered economy and near-starvation. Oddly, we have some of both of these ingredients in place now in the US. Hmm...

Paco Verin
Citywide Project Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA  19103
215-988-8885