Back on Point - Who's Stepping Up To The Plate?

  • Subject: [cg] Back on Point - Who's Stepping Up To The Plate?
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:56:48 EST

Getting back to the brilliant, though flawed (aren't we all?) Thomas
Jefferson, who favored an early American republic of farmers.

Many people in this society believe that their political class is something
separate from themselves.  I believe that in this democracy, it is possible
for every voting community gardener to be able to accrue some small political
power for themselves and their community if they are willing to figuratively
hold their noses while stirring the manure into the compost.

There is a piece in the ACGA's 2003 Community Greening Review called, "The
Citizen Gardener: Politics 101 for Folks Who Would Rather Be Turning
Compost," on how nice green-thinking people have empowered themselves in my
Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, and maybe could do the same in yours.  If you
send in your ACGA membership ($25 bucks and you get other goodies)  <A
HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/";>American Community Gardening
Association</A>  soon, you can get this article along with some remarkable
pieces on Green Infrastucture and Research in a really nifty magazine.

Not to undercut the sales of the Greening Review, but I have a version of the
article in lecture form which I'll be delighted to send to anybody who
e-mails me directly ( Adam36055@aol.)

Guaranteed, anyone who reads the article and implements the step-by-step
instructions in  it, will be able to "collect markers" and, with practice,
will be able to learn how to use "smoke and mirrors" to the advantage of
their community, the confusion of their enemies,  and  the surprise and
delight of their friends.

But first, you have to be willing to step up to the plate.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman, Volunteer  <A HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>
Clinton Community Garden</A>  and traditional grass roots politician.

Community Gardening is 50% gardening and 100% grassroots political action.

<< Subj:     Re: [cg] RE: Who's Stepping Up To The Plate?