Fordham University Memorial Service for a Gardener

  • Subject: [cg] Fordham University Memorial Service for a Gardener
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:40:26 EST

Friends,

As you may know, my wife Allegra Benveniste Honigman, RN died at the age of 53 on January 9, 2004. Allegra was a great nurse, advocate for the homeless and hungry, neighborhood activist, community gardener, Green Market volunteer, lover of people, animals and alas cigarettes.

My son Daniel and I have been supported in our grief by  the hands of Allegra's many dear friends, people whom she touched in our larger extended family. .

Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 10, 2004, many members of the Fordham community wished to commemorate her service and friendship  at Fordham Lincoln Center.

We've scheduled the service tomorrow from 5:15pm-6pm in the Lowenstein Chapel here at Fordham Lincoln Center.  This particular time slot was the most convenient both for faculty and staff members, who work at Fordham during the day, and night class students, who will be arriving to campus early to attend the service
The details are listed below.  We'd love to have you join us if you can.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman

Memorial Service for Allegra Honigman

Wednesday, March 10, 2004
5:15pm-6pm
Lowenstein Chapel
LL 221
Fordham University Lincoln Center
60th and Columbus

Take the subway to the 59th St. Station or drive to 60th and Columbus.
Enter Fordham University, proceed past the security desk (notify them that you are attending a memorial service in the Chapel).
Take the escalator (on your right hand side) to the Plaza level, and the elevator to the 2nd floor.
Make a left out of the elevator, and proceed through the double doors.
The Chapel will be the 4th door on your left.