Fwd: No Quickie Book on LES Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: No Quickie Book on LES Community Gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:11:49 EST

Subj: Re: No Quickie Book on LES Community Gardens
Date: 3/9/04 10:16:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: DLogg60798
To: Adam36055, aresh@moregardens.org

I agree with Adam. I have been at the Liz Christy Garden from 1973 when it was the Bowery Houston Community Farm &Garden and have a large collection of historical material including Liz's seed grenade instruction sheet, and the most complete collection of material related to Liz Christy (the person and garden] to be found.

There were also several thesis on the subject (I have them as pdf's) and my website has some good historical material. ( lizchristygarden.org ]. I recently did a chapter on Liz Christy (the person) and that took 3 months to write.

Doing it right takes time and hard work.

Don Loggins