Adam:

The last time I checked, the purpose of the ACGA listserve was not personal attacks on individuals for things for which they are not responsible.  Attacking someone with no control over anything may make you feel better in the short term, but is not particularly effective otherwise.  I'm sorry you're upset, but if you channel your frustration in a positive direction you will be more likely to achieve your goals.
Good luck.

From:  <Adam36055@aol.com>
To: <community_garden@mallorn.com>
Date:  3/16/04 2:01PM
Subject:  Re: [cg] design your own park

Thank you - interactive is nice, but active is better.

I do so wish that the nice people at the NY Parks Foundation  would spend
less time in the gym, pull out some tools and actually come into the
neighgorhoods where the individual gardeners and grass roots Parks Volunteers are doing
the work ,to get dirty and sweaty with us. Some of you are kind of cute - of all
sexes ;)

Guaranteed, doing real garden and parks work is better than working out, both
for exercise and feeling good about the sweat and thirst you build up. I'll
jump for the first round of beers or "sports water."

Oh, Robyn? By the way, when you bump into Commissioner Benepe in the Hall,
please tell him nicely that the expedited way that the Jets festival was moved
into Chelsea Park on west 28th and 10th Avenue WITHOUT notifying Community
Board 4 beforehand was not the most gracious thing that Parks had done.

Yes, we do oppose the Jets stadium on the West side, but guys like me like go
to 5 Jets games a year, and would be delighted to see them at a rebuilt Shea,
in the Bronx, Brooklyn or stadium starved Staten Island.  But fitting it in
here on the West Sidewould be like putting 100 pounds of mud in a 10 pound bag.
And our traffic is already horrendous.  And there's no space for tailgating.

But we love kids, and football, and if CB 4 HAD BEEN NOTIFIED, we would have
let the young people in our neighborhood know about the rides, freebies etc,
so the kids attending the event would have included kids from the Chelsea
Elliot Projects adjacent to the field, so the nice bridge and tunnel white kids who
showed might have met some native New Yorkers, albeit "of color".

Commisioner Benepe and the Parks Dept missed out on making this a more
inclusive event by not letting our Jets friendly, stadium rejecting Community Board
know.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
 Clinton Community Garden

Best wishes

> Subj: [cg] design your own park
>  Date: 3/16/04 1:42:06 PM Eastern Standard Time
>  From: Robyn.Stewart@parks.nyc.gov
>  To: community_garden@mallorn.com
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> Check out this interactive site that lets you design your own park,
> considering all sorts of real life issues (that come into play in community gardens
> as well).  It focuses on NYC but can easily be applied to anywhere else.

> http://www.gothamgazette.com/parksgame/
>
> Robyn Stewart
> City Parks Foundation
> 1234 Fifth Ave, room 232