UA research contacts/sites needed

  • Subject: [cg] UA research contacts/sites needed
  • From: Marco Barrantes <marcoseed@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:48:52 -0800 (PST)

Dear Community Gardeners

My name is Marco Barrantes, I am a graduate student at
UC Berkeley, completing concurrent planning and design
programs this semester.  I am an avid student of and
activist for food policy and urban agriculture in
Berkeley and California.  I probably should have
written this weeks
ago, but, I'm looking for urgent research advice.

I am applying to a scholarship due in one week that
provides graduating students the opportunity to travel
for a year to other countries in pursuit of
international research in one's subject.  I have a
good grasp of where I want to go: I am planning to
travel to Canada, Cuba, Mexico, and a few key US
states beyond California.  I will use this research
towards a publication on food policy implementation
and urban agriculture by the Berkeley Food Policy
Council.  I am particularly interested in urban
agriculture and food system programs that are
supported by government policy and planning.

I am hoping to attain names, contacts and locations
for suggested people/sites in these countries.  Your
"favorites" are greatly appreciated.  Please feel free
to call
my number below, or respond via email. Thank you for
your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Marco Barrantes, MCP/MLA Environmental Planning
  Planner, Urban Gardening Institute
  Commissioner, Berkeley Parks and Recreation
  Steering Member, Berkeley Food Policy Council
  Steering Member, Berkeley Community Gardens Co.
  510.220.1338

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html