victory garden photographs

  • Subject: [cg] victory garden photographs
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:32:12 EST

please respond directly to simonsb@si.edu
Dear CG folks,
I know I've seen a photo of a victory garden on the Washington DC mall.  Anyone know how to track this photo down and/or other great victory garden photos?  They will be included in the opening ceremony exhibit for the WWII monument this May, per the email below.  please respond directly to simonsb@si.edu.
judy tiger, washington dc
Judy -- I am working on the Victory Garden for the WW II Reunion.  Your email to John Franklin  (12/15/03) was given to me and I had a question about the archival photo of a victory garden on the Mall that you mentioned.  Do you know when it might have been taken?  Or who took it?  Where did you see it?  Any help you can pass on would be appreciated...thank you.

Beverly A. Simons
National WWII Reunion 2004/Program Assistant
Folklife Festival 2004/Foodways Coordinator
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural  Heritage
PO Box 37012
Victor Building, Suite 4100, MRC 953
Washington DC 20013-7012
Telephone: 202-275-1983