RE: What vegetables to grow?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] What vegetables to grow?
  • From: "Ali Mramor" amramor@CivicGardenCenter.org
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:37:30 -0500

I have to say that tomatoes are the last crop that's popular around here
(Cincinnati) at the foodbanks.  they don't have a long shelf life at the
foodbank and are damaged easily in transport.  Produce with a longer
shelf life is what we have found to be the most popular: collards, kale,
squash, root crops, etc.  I would definitely look into who will be
dealing with the produce to see what they think would work best.

Ali Mramor
Youth Education Coordinator
Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
2715 Reading Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
ph. 513.221.0981 x11
fx. 513.221.0961

Visit us on the web: http://www.civicgardencenter.org

CGC - Building Community through Gardening