Re: Crop Yields From Community Gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Crop Yields From Community Gardens
  • From: Jim Call jimcall@casagarden.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:54:47 -0600

Melanie,
Please go to the following link and get all the CG harvest totals you need.... *http://www.casagarden.com/harvest.htm*

Overall, Adam has been an asset to this listserv. Without a doubt, he makes an effort to help more visitors seeking answers than any other participant. If he doesn't know the answer, he is usually reliable to point the requestor to the correct path.
Previously, this listserv has been called upon to provide all types of CG information and stats to help in someone's efforts to further their educational goals. Many times, Adam has asked those seeking help to "let us know how it turns out". Normally, after getting their answers, they seem to drop off the planet. We never hear from them again!

Just like Melanie seeking harvest totals in her email. Yes, it would be nice to see the finished product.

The emails that Adam has written seem to display alot of frustration. I *do not agree* with some of his responses.
Shefali, you are always welcomed to participate and to share your experiences in CG on this listserv.
Every year in our CG, a mural is painted by local high school art students of a devoted volunteer. Normally, this person has helped for at least 5 years (see 2004 mural...* http://www.casagarden.com/mural_04.html*). This year's mural will be of Ganapathy Kunda. This guy is a computer programmer for a high tech company and before he came to the garden, he knew nothing about gardening except he wanted to help. In my many years of directing this CG, I rather have someone who knows nothing about gardeniing but is willing to help others than someone with vast gardening or CG knowledge but helps no one but themselves.
In closing, it would be nice if individuals gaining knowledge from this listserv uses it to help others.

Sorry about being long winded,
Jim, Alabama
www.casagarden.com

melanie nowicki wrote:

Could someone Please help me? I am putting a paper
together for a class an I am trying to find out if
anyone has crop yield numbers for different vegetables
from any Community Gardens. I also would like to respond to Adams use for the word
please. I think that it is very necessary in our
society today to remember please, thank-you, and other
forms of common courtesy. It seems most of people I
run across in a day do not even say "thank-you" for
holding a door open for them. I commend Adam for
trying to restore some common courtesy to this world.

Thank you very much.
Melanie Nowicki
United Neighborhoods
Buffalo, New York