Re: [hort] need some project advice

  • Subject: [cg] Re: [hort] need some project advice
  • From: "Jayne Holt" girodj@gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:39:39 -0500

Don't forget rosemary for Ancient Greece!

-Jayne

On 3/8/06, grow19@aol.com <grow19@aol.com> wrote:

>  Hi friends,
> I need a little feedback on a proposed local school project to bring
> World
> History to life by creating four 3' x 15' theme gardens:
> bed #1 -- *Americas - squash, chili peppers, corn, bush beans, pumpkin,
> echinacea
> bed #2 -- *Ancient Greece - lavendar, leek, chive, basil, parsley
> bed #3 & #4 -- *China & Mesopotamia - rhubarb, barley, oats
>
> My concerns--
>
> * Will 3'x15' beds produce enough for the students to enjoy and learn
> from  ?
> * Will these plants be ready to enjoy & harvest (learn  from) when
> students
> are there before the middle of June and after Sept  1? (they do have a
> good
> summer upkeep plan in place)
> * Are there more representative plants for these themes?
>
> All suggestions and feedback welcome.
> Thanks,
> Judy in Washington DC

>  To reply to the sender of this message only, click Reply. If you want
> your reply to go to the whole group, click Reply All.

>   Gardening
landscaping<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gardening+landscaping&w1=Gard
ening+landscaping&w2=Garden+landscaping&w3=Takoma+park&c=3&s=68&.sig=j7KOXC_x
5GyrM2590V_fGg>  Garden

ng+landscaping&w2=Garden+landscaping&w3=Takoma+park&c=3&s=68&.sig=MMQjgFU8hd5
yfm-YTwHrdA>  Takoma

&w2=Garden+landscaping&w3=Takoma+park&c=3&s=68&.sig=RvqfnYLH5hDq4e91cCcyHQ>
"takomahort<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/takomahort>"
>    on the web.
>
>    -  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

?subject=Unsubscribe>