culture of food research

  • Subject: [cg] culture of food research
  • From: Wendy.Moschetti@UCHSC.edu
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:45:44 -0700

Hello from snowy Denver, CO---

I have a few questions re: research on the culture of food preparation,
consumption - especially as it relates to gardeners.

For one of our projects here at UC-Health Sciences Center, Gardens for Growing
Healthy Communities (www.gghcdenver.org) we are now developing a "Survey of
Neighborhood Environments and Health".

We would love to include a section of questions regarding the culture of food
- growing, preparation, and consumption.

Basically, we will be surveying community gardeners and non-gardeners and want
to ask questions that will reveal linkages between food growing habits
(community gardening) and healthy eating habits (or not) at home and in the
rest of their lives. Any questions that will help us make connections (or not)
between community gardening and healthy eating/culture of food and eating will
be great.

We do not want or need to re-create the wheel here! If you know of any surveys
or research that address such questions, from which we could develop valid
survey questions, I would appreciate a reference! Any literature that provides
insight into such connections would be great - we could develop questions from
their findings as well.They would be appropriately referenced.

Many thanks,
Wendy

Wendy Peters Moschetti
Project Coordinator, Gardens for Growing Healthy Communities
(303) 315-2193

*Please note that I am in the office Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and
regularly check email and phone messages Wednesdays and Fridays*