RE: rabbits

Sandy and CGers,
Most Co-ops (not sure if you big city types have these) sell live traps to
catch rabbits and other critters.  Here in Huntsville, our Animal Control
Dept. provides a live trap to those experiencing such problems (no charge).
Once you catch your varmit, you call them and they will come out and take
care of it.  Unfortunately, this means a death sentence to those pesky
wabbits.  I caught a groundhog last year and they came out to retrieve the
trap.  I wanted to release it into the wild but the Animal Control guy said
it was against the law.

I had some rabbits in the garden a few years so I built a box trap.  Growing
up poor in Georgia, we had to tackle many problems by whatever resources we
had available.  Anyway, a box trap is basically a live trap as well.
Anyway, as fast as I "set" the trap each day, I caught a rabbit that night.
There were 2 of them.  The rabbits were entered into "Jim Call's" prisoner
release program where I would drop them off at a local Greenway.  No big
deal.

The next time I have Groundhog problems, I plan to build a bigger box trap
and release the quilty party into the wild (where they belong).

I know this sounds strange but growing up poor in Georgia had a positive
impact on my life.  I find that teenagers and the younger generation have
poor problem solving skills.  Yes, they can play video games, surf the net
and be a whiz with all the latest technical gadgets but they can't actually
build anything from scratch.  Once I had a young man in the garden who
scored a perfect score on the SAT test.  He couldn't turn on the water
faucet....so I told him a simple phrase that would forever solve this
problem.   Righty tighty, lefty loosey. I advised him to use his gift (high
IQ) in helping humanity.  He had been accepted to attend some college in the
NE.  I think it was called Harvard.  :)

Good luck solving your rabbit(s) problem.

Jim