Re: [cg] What's Up in Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering

On 03/25/99 18:05:44 you wrote:

>Kindly post more info on this title
>
>Can u suggest other current readings re biotech, "for dummies" type?
>
>Sunday Harrison

THanks for asking.
I can forward some info on it. But I have to dig thru email to get them, likely this weekend.
Also, go to
http://www.safe-food.org/  Mothers for Natural Law

http://www.ucsusa.org/   Union of Concerned Scientists

The keys  points are that both European nations and Canada have done the research this country has failed to do (deliberately),
showing that GMOs cause cancer in mammels, alter the DNA of embryonic babies, and cross with plants in the wild and on
neighboring farms.

Folks, we HAVE  to act on this. They're give the same old schtick that "this is safe" just like they did with DDT, which nearly
erradicated our national bird, the bald eagle! DDT is still in soils from use over 30 years ago! Safe, huh?

However, this time, GMOs threaten the genetic foundation of plants, and therefore all nature. This is not another "enviornmental
issue" for someone else to take care of. This is our food, and our children's and grandchildren's food they're messing with, and the
foundation of the structure of life as made by (whatever you call) the Creator.

If we let life on Earth get totally trashed, will we be able to look our grandchildren in the eye when they ask, "Why did you sit back and
let it happen?"

In faith,

Happy Gardening,

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

BTW, if you don't know how to grow your own food you don't really have any clout, Y2K or not, so... LEARN!
How many millions of Americans live in poorly made, over-priced houses built on farm land, race twice daily at deadly speeds to and from a toxic city to do a job they don't really like in a plastic office so they can get money to give to someone else in order to eat food?

Food is power... are you in control of yours?