From: jennifergiustino [mailto:jennifergiustino@avenew.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 7:20 PM
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: [cg] Please help

  I am writing from Forest Park, Illinois.  I would like to know how best to
approach my village government about starting a community garden program.
Currently we do not have one, but I think such a program could add a great
deal of vitality to our community as well as merge a wide range of
ethnicities, races and classes.  We do have some public parks and of course
there is a business district, where even a potted display of flowers would
not hurt the eye.  Do you have any suggestions about how I might be able to
approach my local government or how I could arm myself with information and
credibility?  Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jennifer Giustino
(708) 366-2947