Re: Horticultural Therapy

Contact the American Horticultural Therapy Association at (303) 331-3862
or www.ahta.org. They are the current licensing body for horticultural
therapists, and have a wealth of information on the therapeutic effects
of gardening. They can also put you in touch with other prision-based HT
programs throughout the country.

Since you are also on the East Coast, you could contact the HT
certificate program at the New York Botanical Gardens. The instructors in
the program are involved in HT programs at hospitals, nursing homes,
prisons, rehab centers, and schools throughout the Northeast. They can be
reached at (718) 817-8747 or www.nybg.org/edu/conted. Carolyn West is the
coordinator of the HT certificate program.

Happy hunting!
Jennifer Barricklow
North Haven CT