Lead in the soil at 15 inches, is it a problem for veggies?

We have a problem in one of our gardens; can anybody point me in the right direction?  One of our community gardens recently was tested for lead.  Three locations in the garden, at depth levels of 15 inches and 36 inches, tested positive for medium levels of lead in the soil.  We have seen material on which plants take up lead and which don't, but have'nt seen as much on how deep you need to go to be out of danger and for which plants? Thanks