RE: Lookin for Videos

Marsha:
I personally don't know if there are any community garden videos currently
available off the shelf. The closest I remember was a series put out by PBS
a decade ago called Crockett's Victory Garden. That would be your best shot.
Maybe UC Santa Barbara has some ( imagine, the late great Alan Chadwick on
film weirding out new community gardeners in his stentorian Shakespearian
voice - this would be a cult classic.)
Or...
Grow your own. Make it meet the needs of your community and climate.
How:
Get yourself a writer, some of your more communicative and photogenic master
gardeners ( I am an idealist: master gardeners who speak clearly and are not
horribly disfigured by chemical fertilizers, adult beverages or garden tools
used as projectiles) a community garden willing to be filmed in and  some
appropriately diverse gardeners ( seniors, kids: multi-colored and sexed).
Go to the UMN video dept. and get some students with cameras who desperately
need the course credits to graduate and this can be relied upon to hang in
throughout a growing season.

This will have to be paid for by a grant so get your writer, master
gardeners the UMN video professor and your self into a room with someone who
has applied for a grant before. Figure out how many munutes of filmed video
you want and get the prof. to explain how many work hours this will take (
so many $'s for so many days of filming and editing.)  The prof may want you
to create your script first before you apply for the grant. A finished
script  looks good when appended to the grant proposal also. Maybe the local
affilate of PBS might be interested in the project ( remember, they did
Crockett's Victory Garden.)  The gardening materials should not cost
anything extra as they are ordinary garden materials. Add in beer and pizza
costs.

Make several short videos which can be used as part of a larger community
garden video.

Some topics: Raised bed vegetable gardening ( I'd check out UC Santa
Barbara's program if they have any videos, recordings of Alan Chadwick's
lectures); water conservation; flower bed gardening; garden conflict
resolution; garden tool and shed maintenance ( this I think would be an
Oscar winner!).

Ideally, if you can get a great grant, I'd film the creation of a community
garden from planning to the end of the first year.
Easy for me to say,

Good luck,
Adam Honigman