RE: Drought

And just because it's raining in the northeast doesn't mean the drought is
over or relieved.
Our ground water and reservoirs are not in good shape.

The League of Women Voters managed a study last year and the conclusion was
that based on per capita use and current population growth rates, the
Washington DC metro area will not have enough water in 20 years or less.

No brainer says that could apply to any metropolitan region. This is our
life times, folks.

At home we now save as much water as we can from going down the kitchen
drain (rinsing dishes, washing hands, cooking water, etc) and use it to
water trees, shrubs (not garden). We have saved 30 - 50 gallons of water a
week. Multiply that (35 gallons) by 1/2 of the 2.5 million residents of
Philadelphia, and that equals  2,275,000,000 gallons of water (yes,
billions) that could be captured and returned to the water table annually,
and prevent the loss of the plants and trees that give us oxygen to breathe!
(Assumed is that we're using only proven bio-degradable dish soap. Also,
very little animal products are consumed.) This is very easy to do, and
makes a HUGE difference.

So, what are you doing to reduce water use in your life? And what are you
doing to encourage a friend to reduce water use?

This is not warm-fuzzy earthy crunchy, this is reality.

Got water?

Save it.