[Fwd: Dallas, Texas]

There are only two community gardening programs that we know of in the
Dallas area.  One is Coppel Community Garden in the City of Coppell
(currently 2 gardens) just to the northwest of Dallas, and the second is
Gardeners in Community Development with gardens inside of Dallas. In
Coppell volunteers grow produce to donate to food pantries. In Dallas
our most successful projects are in East Dallas where we have Cambodian
and Lao market gardeners growing and selling out of the gardens. These
are the only organized programs.  We know of a few, I would guess less
than ten, individual neighborhood or group gardens, that operate more or
less alone.  It would be wonderful to have many gardens here.
Don Lambert, GICD Director