Bizzarre neighbor

I had the most bizarre encounter with the neighbor of the community garden today.  This time it was the husband.  He called me over to the fence while I was watering my potato plants, "Can I talk to you?"  I nodded, "sure".  He introduced himself as "Buck" -- wait, it gets better....  He then asked me "Are you going to take care of this, this year? (he pointed to the area along the fence-line)".  I just said "yes".  He then proceeded to tell me he "didn't like (our) 'stuff' growing through the fence & hanging in his yard."  He then asked me, again, if I was going to take care of (the area).  He then said if "(we) don't, (he) was going to spray 'them' & kill them (meaning the flowers growing along the fence).  I don't want to have to, but I will if you don't take care of it."

The conversation ended & I walked away dumbfounded -- these people claim to be avid church-going (Methodist) people.  I had answered his question 3 times.  Yet, he still followed up with a threat to destroy church property.  These are the same people who called the W. Bloomfield code enforcement officer.  The C.E. officer came out to the church property about 2 weeks ago & said he had received 3 complaints from the neighbors.  Bottomline:  We are not in violation of any codes, ordinances, laws, etc.  However, the woman next door wants us to move the garden back from the road 60 feet to be in line with her setback --since the garden area is in our 'backyard', this does not apply to us.

Our congregational president was not available.  So, I called our trustee (ex-mayor of Sylvan Lake & current police auxiliary) & our new Pastor.  The trustee said to call the police to have a record.  Our pastor said to put it all in writing, don't call the police, & she will talk to them next week.

Anyway, on Sunday, June 4, we are blessing the garden during the services.  Would you like to join us?  Services are 8:15 & 9:45 AM (Summer hours).

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about the above!

Peace Be With You,
Cyndy Ross, Chairperson
Fellowship, SLLC Organic Community Garden, Memorial Garden, & 'Welcoming Wagon' committees
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, MI 48324-1808

Zone 6A