RE: what's appropriate for this list?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] what's appropriate for this list?
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@snip.net>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:45:10 -0400

Jack wrote:

>As one who has taken advantage of this list serve to get some horticultural
>info,

I don't think we meant (and least I didn't) to not allow those of us who are
SUBSCRIBED to the list (and active) to not ask plant questions -- most of
those (from you and other folks) have been useful.  However, the random
horticultural questions from folks who access the list and NOT SUBSCRIBED
(or subscribed having no idea what the purpose of the list is) are the ones
that I proposed that Anna send her generic "where to get plant help" info.

Invariatably, we who garden communially are going to have a question or two
about the plants under our care. Those, it seems to me, are on-topic.  It's
folks that simply fire off horticultural questions to the list that haven't
bothered to subscribe (usually through the website) that tend to be more
off-topic.  Those folks need to be guided to their local resources so that
they can become better gardeners.  Hopefully, they'll learn enough to
someday want to share that knowledge in a COMMUNITY GARDEN! :-D

Just my thoughts (but gosh, it's nice to have Adam and Diane agree with me
-- I must be getting some of those karmic benefits of belonging to ACGA! :-D)

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of