CG Water Meters and use

  • Subject: [cg] CG Water Meters and use
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:14:28 EDT

Hi All,

    We are on water meters here in Elk Grove, CA. For our land proposal we
need to know how much water we will use in a general way. We'll have 2-3
acres. Other comparable projects in our area are not metered as they were
established prior to the 1992 meter law.
    Are there any gardens out there this size who can give me an idea of how
much water they use?? Anyone else on meters? How did you handle this,
especially the expense ($1000) of installation of meter and backflow
preventer???
We're contemplating 1 & 1/2 inch pipe which gives 750 gallons per minute.
We'll pay $.46 per 750 gallons.  Thansk for any info or ideas you may have...
--Soleil

Soleil Paz Tranquilli
Elk Grove Community Garden
Elk Grove, CA

Click here: The Elk Grove Community Garden
http://www.geocities.com/egcgonline/

“In our every deliberation,
we must consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations.”
--Great Law of the Iroquoise Confederacy