Energy conservation. Show the prez. we can do it.

  • Subject: [cg] Energy conservation. Show the prez. we can do it.
  • From: "Sadler, Sally-Anne" <Sally-Anne.Sadler@METROKC.GOV>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:27:07 -0700

Title: Energy conservation. Show the prez. we can do it.

In protest of George W. Bush's energy policies and lack of emphasis
on efficiency, conservation and alternative fuels, there will be a
voluntary rolling blackout on the first day of summer, June 21 at 7pm
- 10pm in any time zone in the USA (this will roll it across the
country).

It's a simple protest and a symbolic act. Turn out your lights from
7pm-10pmon June 21. Unplug whatever you can unplug in your house.
Light a candle to the sungod, kiss and tell, make love, tell ghost
stories, do something instead of watching television, have fun in
the dark.

Forward this email as widely as possible. Write to your government
representatives and environmental contacts. Let them know we want
global education, participation and funding in conservation,
efficiency and alternative fuel efforts -- and an end to over
exploitation and misuse of the earth's resources.