re: Benefits of Comm. Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] re: Benefits of Comm. Gardens
  • From: "lisa vandyke" <vandykelisa@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:28:43 -0500

Hi Analyn,

You may want to look in the direction of urban planning and/or urban forestry, also. There has been a big movement to re-green urban areas, and as the folks in forestry and urban planning are so tied to the goverment, there have been plenty of studies regarding quality of life and economic benifits. I have found a number of partnerships between public institutions and community gardens. Check into greenspaces, pocket-parks, greenways, public parks and aboreta.

Good luck,

Lisa from Mpls.