Call for presentations: length & Interaction description

  • Subject: [cg] Call for presentations: length & Interaction description
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:08:23 -0400

In answer to Jon Rowley's query about the ACGA Call for Presentations:

On the third page of the complete Call for Presentations (the PDF version is
the complete, official  Call) under Approximate Length of presentation it
says, "Suggested time is between 1-2 hours with consideration for content."

Engaging, hands-on, experiential presentations and panel discussions are
prefered. Examples of this could be a role playing exercise to better
understand the complexities of community organizing around a community
garden. Therapeutic gardening may include a demonstration utilizing garden
tools for the physically challenged. Interaction between the presenter and
the audience instead of a talking head for 1hour is what we are striving