urban ag

Greetings form ABQ.
We are developing a community farm on 228 acres of open space which includes
a few acres for individual plots. We currently have 45 plot holders. My wish
list would include rain or any kind of water from above as we are use flood
irrigation once a week and otherwise dip our buckets with strings in the
ditches nearby. This is the wild west...home of the adobe soil. But
nevertheless, we bravely put out our chilies and tomatoes into the baking sun
and tend them anyway we can. Lots of compost and hoeing. Maybe we will eek a
little food out of this land.
Can anyone direct me to good studies or articles on urban ag projects? Not so
much community gardens as studies of the potential to grow food in the city.