cardboard and quack grass

  • Subject: [cg] cardboard and quack grass
  • From: "lisa vandyke" <vandykelisa@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:07:27 -0500

I'm of the school of digging it out, deep fork, get all the roots, do not
rototill it, throw away the weeds, do not compost,THEN mulch (thick,
frequent). Tis my belief that Americans always need to 'apply' something on
their weeds, rather than pulling properly. And I'm also of the belief that
weeds are simply opportunistic species of plants, and gardening is a refined
type of editing. Consistent maintenance goes a long way...
Best of luck,
Lisa at the Hare's Breath, Mpls.