Research question

  • Subject: [cg] Research question
  • From: "Amie Roberts" <a.roberts@src-mn.org>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:51:44 -0500

Hi ACGA folks,

I have two questions.  Does anyone have the formula to calculate how may
pounds of veggies are grown in any given community garden in a growing

Also, does anyone know of studies that support the idea that community
gardens decrease the risk of lead absorption in children by remediation
of the contaminated soil and also by providing fresh foods that are high
in calcium and iron?

Please email me your insights on these questions.  Thanks for your help!

Amie Roberts
Urban Lands Community Garden Program
Sustainable Resources Center
1916 Second Ave. S