RE: Research question

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Research question
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:18:00 -0400

Friends,

Back to the original question - how to judge how many pounds of food your
garden produces. A dumb, middle aged guy's solution:

1) You get one of those hanging veggie scales that outdoor veggie markets
use ( non-digital, with a pan, chains and a dial that goes around) and put
it by the shed so the rain doesn't get on it too much.

2) Hang a notebook or clipboard with a pencil next to it.

3) Have a sign that says "We need to know how many pounds of food we grow so
we can brag about it. If we do over x thousand pounds this season, pizza and
beer comes out of the general fund."

The only think else you need is a tough person named "Rock" ( male or
female) who asks, "You put your veggies in the book?" when people leave the
garden.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman