Mice in the Compost

  • Subject: [cg] Mice in the Compost
  • From: Jeneva Storme <jenevastorme@yahoo.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:39:35 -0400 (EDT)

I am looking for organic ways to keep mice out of the
compost bin.  We currently have bins made from
recycled lumber, with gaps between the boards, and
found many mice and their nests when turning over the
compost after the winter.  How can we keep them out of
existing bins, and how can we better design future
bins to keep them out?

Shade and Sweet Water,

Greening West Broadway Coordinator
"Neighbourhood Solutions for Community Change"

West Broadway Development Corporation
640 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB  R3C 0X3
phone: 774-3534  fax: 779-2203