Re: Coffee Chaff

the coffee chaff is the bean hulls?  would it be as acidic as the inside of the beans?

Robyn Stewart
City Parks Foundation
1234 Fifth Ave, room 232
New York, NY 10029
(212) 360-2744
Robyn.Stewart@parks.nyc.gov

>>> "Corrie Zoll" <czoll@greeninstitute.org> 05/05/03 12:04PM >>>
I am wondering if any of you have experience with using coffee chaff as
mulch in your gardens.

A fair trade organic coffee roaster (www.peacecoffee.com) just moved
into my office building and I have access to an ongoing supply of burlap
and coffee chaff.

I have been spreading the word about the chaff and burlap among
community gardeners.  Gardeners are interested, but are wary of putting
coffee chaff in their gardens without knowing what affect it will have.

Any experiences you can share would be helpful.  I'll take creative
suggestions for using burlap as well.

Corrie Zoll
Minneapolis

To post an e-mail to the list:  community_garden@mallorn.com