Re: Coffee Chaff

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Coffee Chaff
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:26:36 EDT

Seattle, WA gardeners have been using burlap and coffee grounds in that
highly caffeinated city for a long time.  I don't know their experience with
coffee chaff, but off the top of my head, if one balanced the PH levels in
the soil and used enough of this good thing (and not too much) I really can't
see how this would not be beneficial.

The list's expert in using coffee by-products in the garden is a fine Seattle
Washington community gardener name Ray Schutte, whose day job is at the
Starbuck's company. Unsuprisingly, we've not seen much of him on this list of
late,  maybe because of the thorough ( and to my mind largely unjustified)
trashing his employer got on this listserve.  Incidentally, Starbucks ( of
which I do not own stuck) also sells organic and fair trade coffees.

But Ray is the man I hope responds, because he understands both coffee
by-products, and is a fine and dedicated community gardener.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman