AFFORDABLE Liability Insurance For Community Garden Officers???

  • Subject: [cg] AFFORDABLE Liability Insurance For Community Garden Officers???
  • From: Commgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 03:04:39 EDT

We , at  THE COMMUNITY GARDENS OF THE AVENUE OF THE FLOWERS  (organized as a
tax exempt, non-profit corporation) in Thousand Oaks, California, already
carry liability insurance to protect our landlord, the Conejo Recreation and
Park District. Now we are searching for affordable insurance to protect our
elected officers against potential lawsuits.

 After running into  very high suggested premiums ($1,500 per year or joining
Garden Clubs of America for a $ 200 something annual fee, IF we fit their
criteria of a garden club) we are requesting concrete advice from ACGA and
fellow ACGA members re AFFORDABLE club officers' liability insurance.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Don Jacobs,
President