Local Event Brooklyn NY, PS 124, 5-24

  • Subject: [cg] Local Event Brooklyn NY, PS 124, 5-24
  • From: Nicholas Pecsok nicholaspecsok@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

To Whom It May Concern,

Good Day!   My name is Nicholas Pecsok and I would like to tell you about a project which will give children the opportunity of fun and creativity while positively affecting their community.  Turning Stones Into Flowers is a community project designed and realized by volunteers where 40 schoolchildren will transform 30 sites in the community with artwork they create.  It will give children the opportunity to use art to express themselves, and to see that expression taken into the community.  We are looking for volunteers who don't mind getting their hands dirty, and love flowers and art.

-Each community site will be located close to the school and consist of one tree and the plot of land around it

-Assistants from the community will responsible for preparing each site, installing the artworks, placing mulch around the trees and planting flowers

-Each student will be given art supplies to paint a picture on at least one primed brick

-Artists with the Brooklyn Arts Council will work with each student to develop the artwork

-Finally, there will be an unveiling of the project with snacks and refreshments

Do you have a Saturday free?  Want to spend 4 hours making a HUGE difference in the lives of the Park Slope youth?  We would love to have you!  Call/E-mail for more details about how you can contribute.

Nicholas Pecsok

Turning Stones Into Flowers

Do you Yahoo!?