The Heirloom Gardener Magazine -- worth your time!

  • Subject: [cg] The Heirloom Gardener Magazine -- worth your time!
  • From: Alliums garlicgrower@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:12:13 -0400

Hi, Folks!

One of my Seed Savers Exchange colleagues gave me a copy of "The Heirloom Gardener," a new magazine put out by Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company.  If you're into heirloom plants (veggies, fruits and flowers), this is your magazine!  A subscription is only $12/year which is a bargain considering how well-written the articles are. I learned *a lot* from just the first issue and I've been a member of Seed Savers Exchange for nearly 10 years!

You can order the magazine online at Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company's website (a seed company that has been more than generous with seed donations to community gardens) at the following URL:

http://www.rareseeds.com/

As a reviewer, I see a LOT of publications.  I think if you really want to grow heirlooms/seed successfully, you need Seed to Seed (Second Edition) by Suzanne Ashworth and "The Heirloom Gardener" magazine.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA  19460