Clinton Corner-Biointensive Internship Challenge Plot Update May 21,2003

  • Subject: [cg] Clinton Corner-Biointensive Internship Challenge Plot Update May 21,2003
  • From: Sharon Gordon gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:30:20 -0400

Previously, I mentioned that I was going to see what I could grow
biointensively in a plot of similar size to the Clinton Community garden
plots.  In this case, the planting bed is 4 feet by 9 feet, for a total
growing area of 36 square feet.

The bed has been double dug, and the first set of plants are in with a few
still being sprouted to go in.  Most of the vegetables are at normal
biointensive spacings.  In some cases, I have planted two sets in the same
space with plans to harvest one of them and allow more growing room for the
other plant.  I am still planning the second round of plantings for areas
where there will be time for a second crop.  Most of the herbs and flowers
are planted at double the normal spacing in order to increase the variety
available.

Here's what's in the bed for the first crop:

***Flowers***
Argyranthemum
Blackeyed Susan
Cosmos