This is from an artist friend of mine who is organizing"Creative and Contemplative Time on Tuesdays

  • Subject: [cg] This is from an artist friend of mine who is organizing"Creative and Contemplative Time on Tuesdays
  • From: "Robyn Stewart" Robyn.Stewart@parks.nyc.gov
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:28:43 -0400

This is from an artist friend of mine who is organizing "Creative and Contemplative Time on Tuesdays in the Garden of Union."  It's a fabulous "alternative" use of the garden that includes non-gardening members of the community.  Incidentally, I'm sure anyone in the area who would like to drop by would be welcome.
Happy Spring!
Hi Friends,

This year, Spoke the Hub will not be able to offer the artist
led activities
we have in years past from May until September in the Garden of
Union due to
lack of funding.

I am, however, still personally committed to keeping our
community gardens
open for the greater community to use and enjoy.  Thus, I invite
you all to
join me on Tuesdays in the garden from 5:00-7:00 pm anyway and
reserve this
time to explore, meditate, and create ---on your own.  We can
work alone,
together.  Invite your friends.   Let's dedicate this time and
space to
creative and contemplate the world around us.

Beginning Tuesday May 20, I invite you to bring your paints,
pencils, cameras and/or dancing shoes and dedicate two hours of
your busy
lives once a week to quiet time, slowing down, smelling the
roses, and
exploring your non-verbal, sensual, artistic selves.  As of now,
I am
thinking I will begin my Tuesdays in the garden with a series of
I might also start work on a new piece of choreography.  You
might rather
write a poem or compose a piece of music, I don't know.  Or do
nothing at al
but sit and breath.  Or read the paper.

I further purpose that in September, we share something of what
we have
discovered or created over the summer in the garden at Spoke the
Hub.  This
might take the form of a joint exhibit, a performance, a
reading, a concert,
or all of the above.  It remains to be seen.

Whatever transpires, I will be there on Tuesdays starting next
week (unless
it rains torrentially) and perhaps you will be there too.  Let's
see what

Looking forward to it,
Robyn Stewart
City Parks Foundation