RE: Planting in a com.garden plot

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Planting in a com.garden plot
  • From: "utahgardens" <utahgardens@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:38:57 -0600

Root crops...beets and carrots...can be partially hidden under other plants.
Marigolds probably won't be picked because they don't work well as a cut
flower, unless really done right, and some of the older non-hybrid varieties
will help keep some bugs away.  Tomatoes are easy bait for would be
plantlifters (shoplifters), but if you are determined to plant them, try a
green variety, (green zebra), they ripen by getting green stripes in them
and most people won't know that they are ripe.

Good Luck

Shane
Utah GARDENS