Trying any new varieties this year?

  • Subject: [cg] Trying any new varieties this year?
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:50:10 -0400

 I was wondering what new plants or growing techniques people are trying
this year.

After reading enthusiastic accounts of purple sprouting broccoli from
community gardeners in the UK, I am trying some of that.

And I am trying some very sweet Vietnamese onions.  The onions were given by
a young woman to her boyfriend's Azerbaijani grandmother who gave some to
me.  They are like a chive sized vidalia, but sweeter.

There are likely to be more as I am ever curious :-), but that is what is in
the works so far.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net